Saturday, February 26, 2011

Eyes of a Child

Through the eyes of a child,
I am something different,
Something they have never seen before,
Children look at me,
With faces in the shape,
Of confusion and dismay.

They think inside,
Why can’t he walk?
Can he talk?
And they stare at me.

I know they do this,
By the look on their face,
They try to hide it,
But it is always there.

I do not like to see it,
But it’s a good thing,
That it’s there,
Without it the world,
Would be a different place.

I am glad that,
Soon they will learn,
That everyone is different,
And no one is the same.

I may be different,
But so is everyone else.
I am not the only one,
That is what I teach,
To children that see me.

Whether I like it or not,
That is how they see,
The world around them,
One day they will learn,
And become a mature adult,
Until that day comes,
They are seeing through,
The eyes of a child.

No comments:

Post a Comment