Sunday, January 20, 2013

Time for Change

Change…

Something we all hate,

But something we all need,

Believe me it’s annoying,

Not knowing where it will lead,

But it teaches us all lessons,

We would never learn,

That there is something new,

Around every single turn.



I’ve had to deal with many,

Changes in my life,

And early on for me,

It’s what brought about the strife,

Walking to a wheelchair,

Strong to fairly weak,

And a non-invasive ventilator,

All for what I seek.



I’m so used to adapting,

Every single day,

It’s what stops anything,

From getting in my way,

But I’ll be honest,

It wasn’t easy,

Dealing with this fact,

I always thought of something,

That I thought I lacked.



I’ve somewhat overcome,

What once held me back,

The advice from my friends,

Is what helps me stay on track,

They tell me: “Don’t give in,

To what you think you cannot do,

You’ve always adapted,

As long as I’ve known you,

So stay strong and remember,

You’re gonna make it through.”



So listen to your friends,

When they give you that advice,

They’re trying to help you out,

And not just being nice.



Change is hard at first,

But trust me, in the end,

You’ll be happy for the change,

Found just around the bend.

No comments:

Post a Comment