Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Something More

I need something to do,

Something to change the whole world through,

I’ve got these words in my soul,

But spreading smiles can’t be my only goal,

There’s gotta be something more,

Than just a slightly open door.



I want that door to be open wide,

With all my friends by my side,

I want to make a difference,

I want to make a change,

I wish these puzzle pieces of my life would finally arrange.



I’m tired of spending hours in front of my computer screen,

I’m tired of seeing people who are not always as they seem,

I’m ready to head out,

Into the wilderness some call life,

I know there will always be pain,

And sadness with tears falling like rain,

But there’ll also always be hope,

Always some way to cope.



I want to help the Earth become,

A place where no one cries alone,

Where we finally stop texting on the phone,

And see the people around us,

As more than just a mirage,

But as human beings with a soul and and heart,

Who want their life to be more than just an end and a start…



So how can I make people notice?

How can I let people see?

That the world is much brighter,

Than we ever thought it could be,

That there’s much more to life,

Than you and you and me?



Now’s not the time for whispered words of wisdom,

Like “let it be.”

No comments:

Post a Comment