Thursday, October 27, 2011

Coloring This Empty Room

Guest Post - Jimmy Pittaro

Trapped inside my head
I am better off dead
This blank white room
Everything’s leaving all too soon

I want to reach out to the color of life
Yet the doors are shut and I’m inside
The shades have been pulled down
But the room is filled with light

I put my ears against the ground
And I can hear nothing but life
This is when that voice started screaming
“It’s time to get out of here and stop dreaming”

So I followed this voice out the window
And it led me to a place I can call home
Where I lived and rejoiced with others
This planet and its people I call brothers

We can fill our oceans with love
Or just keep dreaming of above
But we always reach for the top
The clouds is where we’ll stop

So we can look down on all the paint
Flowing through the Earth yet never stained
And we’ll take the brush
For a final stroke of love

To show how we’ve grown
And that the Earth is our throne

No comments:

Post a Comment